Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Matthew 5:48, Psalm 50:23, Matthew 10:34-39

Matthew 5:48
48 For your part you shall be righteous and perfect in the way your heavenly Father is righteous and perfect.

Beloved, You remind me once again that I am called to imitate our heavenly Father by being like Him in righteousness and perfection. I have fallen far short of the ideal and failed often. Grant me the grace to keep striving no matter how often I fall.

Psalm 50:23
23 Those who give with thanks offerings honor me, 
but the one who walks blamelessly, 
I will show him the salvation of God.”

Beloved You promise to one who walks blamelessly to show the salvation of God. How can I walk blamelessly if You are not always beside me to help and support me? Stay with me Lord and help me to obey joyfully and willingly.

Matthew 10:34-38, 40
37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not take up his cross and come after me is not worthy of me. 40 Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes him who sent me.

Beloved, I do not believe that I love anything or anyone more than I love You. neither do I want to. I want You alone to be the centre of my life and the reason I live. Help me to be all that You wish me to be always. To listen to Your inspirations and act on them, to allow my love to be guided by Your own Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment