Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Judges 6:34, Ephesians 2:19-22, John 20:24-29

Judges 6:34
Then the Spirit of Yahweh clothed Gideon with strength.

Beloved, today marks 3 months since You called Sandy home to Yourself. I remember reading this verse in the last weeks of her illness and I began to pray, "The Spirit of Jesus clothes Sandy with strength." I asked Pam to pray this verse too.  I imagined You covering Sandy with strength  You  healed her body.  Yet, this was not Your plan.  But now this prayer is true, for Sandy is clothed in Your own perfection, health, strength and beauty.  You did answer our prayers my Lord. She offered all her terrible suffering in expiation for her sins and for the conversion of each of us whom she loved.  In heaven we will see how great her reward is.

The tears still flow Beloved,we miss her but on the heels of this sorrow is the joyful certainty that she is where there is no more grief, no tear dims her eyes, no more pain, only the wonder and immeasurable joy of being in Your adorable Presence.  


The Spirit of God clothes Sandy in bridal attire and she rejoices in Christ who is her Lord, God, King and Spouse.  Her gaze is raised and locked in the gaze of One who is all love.  Jesus Christ Himself is her reward.  Where our Sandy is now, we hope to be someday - safe in the arms of Jesus.

Ephesians 2:19-22
19 Now you are no longer strangers or guests, but fellow citizens of the holy people: you are of the household of God. You are the house20 whose foundations are the apostles and prophets, and whose cornerstone is Christ Jesus. 21 In him the whole structure is joined together and rises to be a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you too are being built to become the spiritual sanctuary of God.


We know this now by faith, a time will come when like Sandy we will know in truth when we too behold the beatific vision.


John  20:24-29
We know this now by faith, a time will become when like Sandy, our faith will be rewarded and we will behold You face to face.
24 Thomas, the Twin, one of the Twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord.” But he replied, “Until I have seen in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in his side, I will not believe.”
26 Eight days later, the disciples were inside again and Thomas was with them. Despite the locked doors Jesus came and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and see my hands; stretch out your hand and put it into my side. Resist no longer and be a believer.”
28 Thomas then said, “You are my Lord and my God.” 29 Jesus replied, “You believe because you see me, don’t you? Happy are those who have not seen and believe.”

Beloved, I love this Gospel passage.  Thomas was not going to believe so easily.  He had to see for himself the marks of the crucifixion.  Verse 26 says, "that despite the locked doors, You came into their midst.  May my prayers for so many open the locked doors to enable You to enter.

Sandy's faith is rewarded and she is now counted among the blesses.  She now beholds with awe what she believed.  With her I pray, "My Lord and my God."


No comments:

Post a Comment