Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Numbers 24:2-7, 15-17, Matthew 21:23-27, Psalm 25:4-9

Mass Reading for Today:   Numbers 24:2-7, 15-17, Matthew 21:23-27, Psalm 25:4-9
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"M--- mine, be kind for My sake, because you've always known Me to be loving, gentle, merciful, compassionate, tender and kind to you - be the same in turn for My sake to others.  Will you do that for me?  Hard as you find it - do it for Me, your Friend, your Brother, your Beloved, your Spouse."
"For Your sake I will try my Lord - for Your sake I will try."
"Ask for the grace and help you need and I will supply it.  Remember you are never alone.  My grace is sufficient for You."
"Help me, Beloved.  Thank You."

Numbers 24:3-4, 16-17
the one who hears the words of God,
and beholds the vision of the Almighty,
in ecstasy, with eyes unveiled.
the seer,
16 the one who hears the words of God,
who has knowledge from the Most High,
and sees the vision of the Almighty,
in ecstasy, with eyes unveiled.
17 I see a figure, but not really.
I behold him but not near.
A star shall come forth from Jacob,
he rises with a staff in his hand;
he shatters the forehead of Moab
and tears down all the sons of Sheth.

The whole of the Old Testament is pregnant with references to You.  Hidden but growing clearer all the time as the prophets speak of You and Your coming until the time You break through the barrier of time and reveal Yourself as Son of God and Son of Man.

Matthew 21:25-27
25 They reasoned out among themselves, “If we reply that it was a work of God, he will say: Why, then, did you not believe him? 26 And if we say: The bap­tism of John was merely something human, beware of the people: since all hold John as a prophet.” 27 So they answered Jesus, “We do not know.”
And Jesus said to them, “Neither will I tell you by what right I do these things.”

How often, like the Pharisees we say we do not know, when we know quite well what You require of us.  Pretending ignorance, we think we can run away from our duty of loving service and common humanity.

Psalm 25:4-9
Teach me your ways, O Lord; make known to me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and instruct me, for you are my God, my savior; I hope in you all day long.
Remember your compassion, O Lord, your unfailing love from of old.
7Remember not the sins of my youth, but in your love remember me.
Good and upright, the Lord teaches sinners his way.
He teaches the humble of heart and guides them in what is right.

Beloved, please accept the pray of the Psalmist as my own today.  As I lean against You, comfort me and give me Your peace and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment