Search This Blog

Friday, December 3, 2010

John 14:23, Isaiah 29:17-24, Matthew 9:27-31, Psalm 27:1,4,13-14

Daily Mass Reading for today: Isaiah 29:17-24, Matthew 9:27-31, Psalm 27:1,4,13-14
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 14:23,
23 Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word and my Father will love him; and we will come to him and make a room in his home.

Loving You, Beloved, is not a matter of lip service. Performing rituals however holy but devoid of love and obedience are empty, useless, have no merit for they are worthless in Your sight. Your Word to me today is clear. True love is proved in total, prompt and joyful obedience to Your word and the promise You make to those who love and obey You is astounding. Your Father will love me and both You and Your Father will make Your home in me. Home is a place where love dwells - and love in all its beauty, glory, majesty and power will make a home in my poor and sinful heart. How amazing!!

Isaiah 29:17-24

Beloved, those who are receptive to You will be fruitful. Those who approach You in loving expectation and confidence will not be disappointed. There is hope for all. Those who were deaf and blind to You will hear Your Word, see the truth and understand. They will be restored to spiritual wholeness. I like the promise of verse 24 "Those who err in spirit will understand; those who murmur will learn."

Matthew 9:27-31

29 Then Jesus touched their eyes and said, “As you have believed, so let it be.” 30 And their eyes were opened. Then Jesus gave them a stern warning, “Be careful and let no one know about this.” 31 But as soon as they went away, they spread the news about him through the whole area.

My Beloved, wherever You went, healing and restoration followed. All I need to do is cry out the longing, the pain, the hope of my heart, "Jesus, help me!!" and You answer. Your tender heart cannot fail to hear the cry of those in pain, those who have been wounded. But when we ask, we must believe, we must have faith in You. If we do then we will see Your glory and Your power manifested to us today as You did over 2000 years ago. I am called to speak of You Lord all the time so that others may know You and live.

Psalm 27:1,4,13-14

4 One thing I ask of the Lord, one thing I seek
– that I may dwell in his house all the days of my life,
to gaze at his jewel and to visit his sanctuary.

Every verse in the psalm of today speaks of my experience of Your great love for me and my response to You. I could spend every waking moment gazing at Your Beauty my Eucharistic Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment