Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Matthew 23:27-32, 2 Thessalonians 3:6, Psalm 128:1-2



Beloved, while I act like I am faithless sometimes, You are always faithful.  I am a sinner and a worm and my desire to serve You is hampered by selfishness and self-indulgence.  You give me everything and You leave my response to Your goodness, generosity and love entirely up to me.  I am free to choose to love and serve You or not.  I am fickle and often I rely on my feelings and emotions which are as ephemeral as dew and mist in the morning sun, instead of trying to gain mastery over them.

M--- mine, don't be so  hard on yourself.  To love in spirit and in truth is far more difficult than to love in fantasy.  How can you measure love?  It can be measured by the degree that you are willing to sacrifice.  A small, puny, weak love sacrifices little.  But great love is willing to lay down his life.  Love reveals itself in action.

Matthew 23:27-32
27 Woe to you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs beautiful in appearance, but inside there are only dead bones and uncleanness. 28 In the same way you appear as religious to others, but you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness within.
• 29 Woe to you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous. 30 You say: Had we lived in the time of our ancestors, we would not have joined them in the blood of prophets. 31 So, you yourselves confess to be kins of those who murdered the prophets. 32 And now, finish off what your ancestors began!

Beloved, You are very stern and very clear in Your condemnation of hypocrites who appear to be one thing but in reality are an abomination. But to those who are faithful You are wonderfully kind, generous and loving.  To the weak who approach You, You supply all that is required. 

2Thessalonians 3:6
6 We command you, beloved, to stay away from believers who are living in idleness contrary to the traditions we passed on to you.

Psalm 128:1-2
1 Blessed are you who fear the Lord

and walk in his ways.
2 You will eat the fruit of your toil;
you will be blessed and favored.

Beloved I am struggling right  now in making a decision.  What I ought to do is very clear and my spirit is willing but my flesh is so very, very weak. Help me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment