Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Wisdom 1:13-15, Ezekiel 37:1-14, Psalm 107:9, Matthew 22:37-40

Wisdom 1:13-15
13 God did not make death, nor does he rejoice in the destruction of the living. 14 Since he has created everything, all creatures of the universe are for our good; there is no deadly poison in them and the netherworld has no dominion over the earth, 15 because immortal is not submitted to death.

How reassuring these verses are.  In times when the tears of grief and loss flow it is consoling to know that You are the God of life.  Our soul is immortal and will not die but will live on in You eternally.  My Sandy lives and You my Beloved assure me that we will be united in You some day.

Ezekiel 37:1-14
• 1 The hand of Yahweh was upon me. He brought me out and led me in spirit to the middle of the valley which was full of bones. 2 He made me walk to and fro among them and I could see there was a great number of them on the ground all along the valley and that they were very dry.
3 Yahweh said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live again?” I said, “Lord Yahweh, only you know that.” 4 He then said, “Speak on my behalf concerning these bones; say to them:
Dry bones, hear the word of Yahweh! 5 Yahweh says: I am going to put spirit in you and make you live. 6 I shall put sinews on you and make flesh grow on you; I shall cover you with skin and give you my spirit, that you may live. And you will know that I am Yahweh.”
7 I prophesied as I had been commanded and then there was a noise and commotion; the bones joined together. 8 I looked and saw that they had sinews, that flesh was growing on them and that he was covering them with skin. But there was no spirit in them.
9 So Yahweh said to me, “Speak on my behalf and call on the Spirit, son of man! Say to the Spirit: This is the word of Yahweh: Spirit, come from the four winds. Breathe into these dead bones and let them live!”
10 I prophesied as he had commanded me and breath entered them; they came alive, standing on their feet – a great, immense army!
11 He then said to me, “Son of man, these bones are all Israel. They keep saying: ‘Our bones are dry, hope has gone, it is the end of us.’ 12 So prophesy! Say to them: This is what Yahweh says: I am going to open your tombs, I shall bring you out of your tombs, my people, and lead you back to the land of Israel. 13 You will know that I am Yahweh, O my people! when I open your graves and bring you out of your graves, 14 when I put my spirit in you and you live. I shall settle you in your land and you will know that I, Yahweh, have done what I said I would do.”

My Beloved, over and over again in today's Liturgy You confirm the Word that You gave me during the beginning of my quiet time with You.  You know how much I need my spirit to be lifted and Your Word of truth set it aglo with Your merciful, loving kindness.
Psalm 107:9
9 He quenches the thirst of the soul and satisfies the hunger of the heart.

This is what You have done for me today my gracious God.

Matthew 22:37-40
37 Jesus answered, “You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and the most important of the commandments. 39 But after this there is another one very similar to it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 The whole Law and the Prophets are founded on these two commandments.”

My Beloved if I am truly Yours as I keep saying, then this commandment will be etched on my heart and my soul and will be the rule by which I live my life every day.  May it be so my own true God.

No comments:

Post a Comment