Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Luke 17:24, Isaiah 4:2-6, Matthew 8:5-11, Psalm 122:1-9

Mass Readings for the Day: Isaiah 4:2-6, Matthew 8:5-11, Psalm 122:1-9
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 17:24

24 As lightning flashes from one end of the sky to the other, so will it be with the Son of Man. 25 But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this people.

We will be in no doubt Beloved of who You are when You come again. In an instant, the whole world will look up and see You as you come to claim Your Bride, the Church. Alleluia!!

Isaiah 4:2-6

Beloved, from You alone comes those who are called children of the Most High. You alone forgive our sins and help us overcome our wickedness by the power of Your sacrifice which has redeemed us. The Church is where You abide and through her we receive all that we need for our spiritual life. You abide in Your Church till the end of time. All who enter You through herarms find in You a loving refuge.

Matthew 8:5-11

Beloved, I have heard and read this passage of the Roman army captain and his servant so often and my eyes never focused on the servant. Only today I have read that the servant was paralyzed. My focus was on You and the captain not on the servant.
Do I have the same compassion for those I know and love but do not share my faith or have lost their faith through the circumstances that have occurred in their life? Do I feel their pain enough to do something about it? Do I implore You on their behalf for healing and restoration? Do You look at me and are You pleased that I have great faith and confidence in You or are You disappointed that I do not care enough for my neighbor to pray for his healing?

No comments:

Post a Comment