Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Psalm 18:29-32, Titus 1:1-9, Luke 17:1-6

Psalm 18:29-32
29 Lord, you give light to my lamp.
O my God, you brighten my darkness.
30 Yes, with you I charge the armed bands,
and by my God I leap over the wall.
31 This God – his way is perfect;
the word of the Lord can stand fire.
He is a shield for those who seek refuge in him.
32 There is no other God but Yahweh.
There is no other rock but our God.


All I can give You is myself my Lord, You supply the oil and the light. You make my darkness bright. With You I can face any obstacle, no difficulty is insurmountable with You beside me. I love Your ways, truly they are perfect and delight soul. Yes, You are my shield and my stronghold and I take refuge in You. Ofcourse, there is no other God but You my Lord, my Triune God.


Titus 1:1-9
1 1 From Paul, servant of God, apostle of Christ Jesus, at the service of God’s chosen peo­ple, so that they may believe and reach the knowledge of truth and godliness.
2 The eternal life we are waiting for was promised from the very beginning by God who never lies, 3 and as the appointed time had come, he made it known through the message entrusted to me by a command of God, our Savior.
4 Greetings to you, Titus, my true son in the faith we share. May grace and peace be with you from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
On the elders of the Church
• 5 I left you in Crete because I wanted you to put right what was defective and appoint elders in every town, following my instructions. 6 They must be blameless, married only once, whose children are believers and not open to the charge of being immoral and rebellious. 7 Since the overseer (or bishop) is the steward of God’s house, he must be beyond reproach: not proud, hot-headed, over-fond of wine, quarrelsome or greedy for gain.
8 On the contrary he must be hospitable, a lover of what is good, wise, up­­right, devout and self-controlled.
9 He must hold to the message of faith just as it was taught, so that, in his turn, he may teach sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.


The Church has taught with one voice in her 2000 year history. She is unwavering in her teaching on faith and morals so there can be no confusion among her members. She teaches what You taught the Apostles and what the Apostles handed down to good and holy men, on whom they laid hands and thus passed on to them the authority given to them by Yourself. No Christian will go astray if he/she stays within the sheepfold of Holy Mother Church.

Luke 17:1-6
17 1 Jesus said to his disciples, “Scandals will necessarily come and cause people to fall; but woe to the one who has brought it about. 2 It would be better for that one to be thrown into the sea with a millstone around the neck. Truly this would be better for that person than to cause one of these little ones to fall.
3 Be careful. If your brother offends you, rebuke him and if he is sorry, forgive him. 4 And if he offends you seven times in a day but says to you seven times: ‘I’m sorry,’ forgive him.”
5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.” And the Lord said, 6 “If you have faith even the size of a mustard seed, you may say to this tree: ‘Be uprooted and plant yourself in the sea,’ and it will obey you.


There are 3 things I must remember by Lord.

I must not be the cause of scandal nor must I be responsible for anyone to be demoralised by the way I act.

I must be willing to forgive, if after having rebuked him for the wrong done he asks for pardon. This I must do any number of times if he sincerely asks for forgiveness.

If I have faith, small though it may be, but if I am willing to take a step in confidence acting on my mustard seed sized faith, I will not be disappointed. True faith in You Beloved, no matter how small can move mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment