Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

John 6:27 & 29

Beloved, the most wonderful thing in all the world is to have such a Lover as You.  Often I fear I am not equal to the task of loving You as wholeheartedly, selflessly and grandly as You love me.  Yet You say, "Don't worry about those times when you feel inadequate, I will make up the lack." Thank You my Lord.  I leap into Your arms.  I throw myself at Your feet and cling to You.  Never let me be parted from You my God.  Teach me to be perfect and holy.  Teach me to love as You do.  May my whole life be a striving to be like You.

"If you want to gain mastery over your weaknesses, perform little acts of love.  When you feel sad, lift your gaze to Me and let your face become radiant with the light of My love.  When you love Me above and before everyone else then all relationships will find their proper place.  The more you cling to earth the harder it is to seek and find Me.  Remain in My love always.  Remember to speak the truth always but do so with great humility, gentleness, respect and love."

John 6: 27 & 29
27 "Work then, not for perishable food, but for the lasting food which gives eternal life.  The Son of Man will give it to you, for He is the one the Father has marked."  28  The work that God wants is this:  that you believe in the One whom God has sent."

As long as we are preoccupied with the things of the earth or with human relationships, our minds will always be slinking around and clinging to the things of the earth.  The things of earth will eventually decay,  they will disappoint as they are all tainted with sin.  To soar on eagle's wings high above the clouds, you have to let go of any thing that holds you back - painful as  it may sometimes be, fearful even, to give up the things that are familiar and that we have looked to as our security, be they people or things.  Only when we are unencumbered do we have the freedom to go where God calls and leads.  "Whoever loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me."  God is a jealous Lover.  To gain all we must be prepared to give up all and believe in the One whom God has sent.  Therein alone lies perfect freedom, perfect joy, perfect rest and above all perfect love.

No comments:

Post a Comment