Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Psalm 63:2-9, Acts 4:13, 20

Psalm 63:2-9
2 O God, you are my God, it is you I seek;
for you my body longs and my soul thirsts,
as a dry and weary land without water.
3 Thus have I gazed upon you in the sanctuary,
to see your power and your glory.
4 Your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
5 I will bless you as long as I live,
lift up my hands and call on your name.
6 As with the richest food my soul will feast;
my mouth will praise you with joyful lips.
7 When I remember you on my bed
I think of you all through the night,
8 for you have been my help;
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
9 My soul clings to you,
your right hand upholds me.

My Beloved, I want to long for You and hunger and thirst for You as the Psalmist who wrote these lines longed for You and hungered and thirsted for You.  Grant me this grace my Beloved.

Acts 4:13
13 The elders and scribes were astonished at the boldness of Peter and John, considering that they were  uneducated and untrained men.  They recognized, also, that they had been with Jesus. 20 "We cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and  heard."  Then the council threatened them once more an dlet them go.  They could find no way of punishing them because of the people who glorified God for what had happened.

May all who know me and see me recognise that I have been with Jesus.  I have seen Him, tasted Him and I become one with Him in the Eucharaist.  May my witness be so powerful that all who hear me  glorify God for all that has happened.

Psalm 118:14-21
14 The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. 15 Joyful shouts of victory are heard in the tents of the just: “The right hand of the Lord strikes mightily, 16 the right hand of the Lord is lifted high, the right hand of the Lord strikes mightily!” 17 I shall not die, but live to proclaim what the Lord has done. 18 The Lord has stricken me severely, but he has saved me from death. 19 Open to me the gates of the Just, and let me enter to give thanks.  20 “This is the Lord’s gate, through which the upright enter.”  21 I thank you for having answered me, for having rescued me.

The Lord has enabled our Sandy to partake in His passion and death and His triumph over death in the Resurrection. 

I too have a mission my Beloved.  It is to testify that death is part of life.  It is a reality that must be faced.  We are only pilgrims and we must train our minds towards heaven for that is our goal and our destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment