Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Acts 1:8, Revelations 21:9-10, Psalm 145:10-13, John 1:45

Acts 1:8
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, even to the ends of the earth.”

All of us who are baptised in You my Lord are called to be witnesses not only in the place where we live and work but even to the ends of the earth.  This mission that You have entrusted to Your faithful is not optional.  It is a sacred duty that we must fulfill for Your glory.

Revelations 21:9-10
“Come, I am going to show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 He took me up in a spiritual vision to a very high mountain and he showed me the holy city Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shines with the glory of God, 11 like a precious jewel with the color of crystal-clear jasper.

Heaven is a place and with the help of grace, You will take me there when my journey here has ended.

Psalm 145:10-13
10 All your works will give you thanks; all your saints, O Lord, will praise you.
11 They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your power, 12 that all may know of your mighty deeds, your reign and its glorious splendor.
13 Your reign is from age to age; your dominion endures from generation to generation.
The Lord is true to his promises and lets his mercy show in all he does.

I am the work of Your hands and I am called to praise You, to tell of Your glory and Your love, to proclaim Your might deeds of goodness and the splendor of Your reign.  This is my mission and my calling.
 
John 1:45
"We have found the One that Moses wrote about in the Law and the prophets as well:  He is Jesus, Son of Joseph, from Nazareth."
 
Each of the baptised is on a personal journey of discovery of who You are.  The more we increase in our knowledge of You the stronger will our faith, hope and love for You grow.  No adventure is more exciting than discovering who You are and plumbing the depths of Your unfathomable, infinite love for sinners like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment