Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jeremiah 1:4-5, John 1:16-17,

Jeremiah 1:4-5
4 A word of Yahweh came to me, 5 “Even before I formed you in the womb I have known you; even before you were born I had set you apart, and appointed you a prophet to the nations!” 

My Beloved, You have spoken through the prophets, through the apostles, through Your Holy Word in Scripture both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament. You spoke through the many signs and miracles You performed and You spoke most eloquently in Your passion, death resurrection. You continue to speak to us today through the Holy Catholic Church, Your servant and Vicar on earth our Popes through the ages and the lives of a multitude of saints and martyrs. To those believe You give the gift of eternal life. Thank You.
John 1:16-17
16 From his fullness we have all received, favor upon favor.  17 For God had given us the Law through Moses, but Truth and Loving-kindness came through Jesus Christ.

My Beloved, my hope and my trust is in You.  Not because I believe that You will act as I would like You to, but because I know that You are God almighty who so loved the world that You gave us Your only Son so that we who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Cor 13-13
Now we have faith, hope and love, these three, but the greatest of these is love.
Beloved, You remind us to set our hearts on the most precious of all your gifts and that is love - love which is another name for God for You are Love and so we are called to love You with our whole heart, our whole soul, our whole mind and our whole self and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment