Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Esther 7:2, Acts 12:5, Psalm 34:2-9, 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 17-18, Matthew 16:13-19

Esther 7:2
"Whatever your petition is, Queen Esther, it shall be granted. Whatever request you make shall be fulfilled, even if it were half of my kingdom." 



Beloved, it pleases the Father to give me the entire Kingdom of Heaven because I have believed in Him and in the One whom He has sent, His only begotten Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. But what I ask is this, that You give me true humility and a burning desire to be obedient to You always. Grant O Lord that I may always lift up to You a heart aflame with love for You.

Acts 12:5
.... while Peter was kept in prison, the whole Church prayed earnestly for him.


Beloved, there are people for whom I have been praying for years. Please hear and answer my prayers for them my Lord as I too am praying earnestly. Thank You.

2 Timothy 4:6-8,17-18 

As for me, I am already poured out as a libation, and the moment of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is laid up for me the crown of righteous­ness with which the Lord, the just judge, will reward me on that day; and not only me, but all those who have longed for his glorious coming.
1But the Lord was at my side, giving me strength to proclaim the Word fully, and let all the pagans hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will save me from all evil, bringing me to his heavenly kingdom. Glory to him for ever and ever. Amen!


At the end of my life, it the prayer of St. Paul can be my prayer then I shall be sure of seeing my Beloved face to face.


Psalm 34:2-9
2 I will bless the Lord all my days;
his praise will be ever on my lips.
3 My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the lowly hear and rejoice.
4 Oh, let us magnify the Lord,
together let us glorify his name!
5 I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
from all my fears he delivered me.
6 They who look to him are radiant with joy,
their faces never clouded with shame.
7 When the poor cry out, the Lord hears
and saves them from distress.
8 The Lord’s angel encamps and patrols
to keep safe those who fear him.
9 Oh, see and taste the goodness of the Lord!
Blessed is the one who finds shelter in him!


Beloved, I too sing this hymn of praise and thanksgiving to You along with the psalmist.



Matthew 16:13-19

13 After that Jesus came to Caesarea Philippi. He asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of man is?” 14 They said, “For some of them you are John the Baptist, for others Elijah or Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 Jesus asked them, “But you, who do you say I am?” 16 Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus replied, “It is well for you, Simon Bar­jona, for it is not flesh or blood that has revealed this to you but my Father in heaven.
18 And now I say to you: You are Peter (or Rock) and on this rock I will build my Church; and never will the powers of death overcome it.
19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and what you unbind on earth shall be unbound in heaven.”

In a world where authority and obedience have become very unpopular and where rebellion, selfishness and self indulgence are celebrated, You have laid for Your beloved Church, which is also Your Body, the foundation upon which it will stand firm forever. You have promised that the gates of hell will not prevail against her. 

The enemy continues too try to destroy Your one, holy, Catholic and apostolic Church from within and without as we have seen in these last years and in the present time, but You, our Bridegroom, will not allow Your Body to be destroyed by the enemy. Through every tribulation she will emerge stronger and more beautiful because You have espoused her.

No comments:

Post a Comment