Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hosea 2:21-22,1 Corinthians 11:23-26, Luke 9:11

Hosea 2:21-22
You will be my spouse forever, betrothed in justice and integrity.  We will be united in love and tenderness. I will  espouse you in faithfulness and You will come to know Yahweh.

My Beloved Jesus, what more could I ask.  You know  how weak I am.  You know all my faults and failings. You know how easily I can commit sin and yet You say all these absolutely glorious things.  Pour out Your Spirit on me that I may love You daily more and more my Lord and my God all the days of my life.

1 Corinthians 11:23-26

23 This is the tradition of the Lord that I received and that in my turn I have handed on to you; the Lord Jesus, on the night that he was delivered up, took bread and, 24 after giving thanks, broke it, saying, “This is my body which is broken for you; do this in memory of me.” 25 In the same manner, taking the cup after the supper, he said, “This cup is the new Covenant in my blood. Whenever you drink it, do it in memory of me.” 26 So, then, whenever you eat of this bread and drink from this cup, you are proclaiming the death of the Lord until he comes.


Beloved, it is said that the world could more easily survive without the sun that it could without the Eucharist.  Thank You for making Yourself available  to us as food for our souls and for making Yourself available in all the tabernacles in Your churches all over the world so that You are as fully present here with us as You were when You walked the earth over 2000 years ago.

Luke 9:11
When the crowd caught up with Jesus in Bethsaida, He welcomed them and began speaking about the Kingdom of God, curing all those who needed healing.

Everyone finds a welcome with You.  We come to You freely with hunger in our souls.  You satisfy us with Your word and you heal us of our sickness both physical and spiritual.  You give us nourishment for our bodies and more important, You give us Your own Body broken up and given to us that we may eat Your flesh and drink Your blood and having been nourished by You, we will find meaning for our lives.  We will taste heaven while we are still on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment