Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Luke 14:27, 33

Luke 14:27, 33

27 Whoever does not follow me carrying his own cross cannot be my disciple.
33 In the same way, none of you may become my disciple if he doesn’t give up everything he has.

Beloved, today You remind me that I cannot be Your disciple if I am not prepared to carry my own cross and follow You. To be a disciple I must not cling to any created thing.  It should make no difference to me if everything or everyone were taken from me as long as I have You.  You are the only one I cannot lose unless I choose to reject You.  Having You I have more than all the kings in the world.

Beloved, help me not to be satisfied with just paying lip service and making token acts of kindness.  All I do must come from the sincerity of my heart.  I must go beyond the letter of the law to its spirit.  The new commandment is love - love for God with all my heart, mind, soul, strength, body, spirit and love for myself must determine how I love my brothers and sisters.  You have said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

No comments:

Post a Comment