Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Job 13:23, Wisdom 9:13, 14, 15, 7, 2 Kings23:1-3, Psalm 119:33-37 & 40, Matthew 7:15-20

Job 13:23
What are my faults, what are my sins? Make them known to me.

Wisdom 9:13, 14, & 15 
Indeed who can know the intentions of God?  Who can know the plan of the Lord?  For Him human reasoning is timid, our notions misleading; a perishable body is a burden for the soul and our tent of clay weighs down the active mind.  Who has ever known Your will unless You first gave him wisdom and sent down Your Holy Spirit to him?

The sum of all these verses Beloved are that I need Your Holy Spirit to live in You, know You and have my being rooted in You. Grant me O my Lord a full measure of Your most Holy Spirit in order that I may be pleasing to You.

2 Kings 23:1-3
The king stood by the pillar; he made a covenant in the presence of Yahweh, promising to follow him, to keep His commandments and laws, and to respect His ordinances.  He promised to keep this covenant according to what was written in the book with all his heart and with all his soul. And all the people promised with  him.

King Josiah heard the word and was moved by it - the word of the Law in the Old Testament.  We have the Eternal Word in the New Testament - the Living Word, the Word made Flesh who dwelt among us.  You my Beloved, the anointed of God who give us new life.  To You I pledge my heart, my soul and my life.

Psalm 119:33-37 & 40
33 Explain to me, O Lord, your commandments, and I will be ever faithful to them.

34 Give me understanding, that I may observe your law with all my heart.
35 Guide me in obeying your instructions, for my pleasure lies in them.
36 Incline my heart to follow your will and not my own selfish desire.
37 Turn my eyes away from vanities and direct them to your life-giving word.
40 Oh, how I long for your precepts! Renew my life in your righteousness.

Lord, I make the prayer of the psalmist my own today.


Matthew 7:15-20

15 Beware of false prophets: they come to you in sheep’s clothing but inside they are wild wolves. 16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Do you ever pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17 A good tree always produces good fruit, a rotten tree produces bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit and a rotten tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Any tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown in the fire. 20 So you will know them by their fruit.

May the fruit I produce be the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. May I be known as Yours because the fruit I produce is good fruit.  

Grant me the discernment of Your Spirit so that I may not be deceived.  May I remain in You always as the branch of the true vine.


No comments:

Post a Comment