Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

1Ezekiel 34:11-16, Romans 5:5-11, Luke 15:3-7

My Beloved Jesus, no earthly creature could ever love as You love my God.

1 Ezekiel 34:11-16


11 Indeed Yahweh says this: I myself will care for my sheep and watch over them. 12 As the shepherd looks after his flock when he finds them scattered, so will I watch over my sheep and gather them from all the places where they were scattered in a time of cloud and fog. 13 I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from other countries. I will lead them to their own land and pasture them on the mountains of Israel in all the valleys and inhabited regions of the land. 14 I will take them to good pastures on the high mountains of Israel. They will rest where the grazing is good and feed in lush pastures on the heights of Israel. 15 I myself will tend my sheep and let them rest, word of Yahweh. 16 I will search for the lost and lead back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the fat and strong will be eliminated. I will shepherd my flock with justice.


There is no need my Lord for Your own to worry because we live in a world that is unjust and bereft of a moral compass.  Rather we can trust You to look after Your own.  This is a revelation of the Heart of my Lord and my God.

Before reading the Liturgy for the Holy Mass today Beloved I was contemplating the love of the Father.  In the Old Testament, we see time and time again how the justice of God stirred Him to anger at the wickedness of the world and He destroyed His creatures.  yet His compassion and love were so great that He wanted to save us from His righteous anger at our wickedness and He conceived this brilliant yet, unbelievable plan to save us.  He sent You Beloved, His only, first born Son whom He loved, to be born of a woman, become Man and take upon Yourself the sin of every creature since the creation and then suffer the punishment that justice demanded for our sins.

Romans 5:5-11 - 


Hope does not disappoint us because the Holy Spirit has been given to us, pouring into our hearts the love of God. Consider, moreover, the time that Christ died for us: when we were still helpless and unable to do anything.Few would accept to die for an upright person; although, for a very good person, perhaps someone would dare to die.But see how God manifested his love for us: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us and we have become just through his blood. With much more reason now he will save us from any condemnation. 10 Once enemies, we have been reconciled with God through the death of his Son; with much more reason now we may be saved through his life. 11 Not only that; we even boast in God be­cause of Christ Jesus, our Lord, through whom we have been reconciled.


WOW!!!!  Praise & Thank You Lord.


How beautifully St. Paul describes what the Father has done for us in Christ Jesus in the 2nd reading of today. Romans 55-11.  Now, bathed in the Blood of the Lamb and filled with God's own Holy Spirit, the Father has adopted us as His own children and made us co-heirs with You His beloved Son.  Imagine that!  He loves us as much as He loves You for there are no degrees in God's love.  He loves fully and unconditionally.  Now the ball is in our court to either accept or reject for the Father never withdraw  His gift of our will from us.  


Father, Son and Holy Spirit,  I choose You now and I choose You forever.  Take this gift of free will You have give me and in exchange I ask for You will to be made perfect in my life in order that I may be pleasing to You always.

Luke 15:3-7
So Jesus told them this parable:
 4 “Who among you, having a hundred sheep and losing one of them, will not leave the nine­ty-nine in the wilderness and seek out the lost one till he finds it? And finding it, will he not joyfully carry it home on his shoulders? Then he will call his friends and neighbors together and say: ‘Celebrate with me for I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you, just so, there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one repentant sinner than over ninety-nine upright who do not need to repent.

Beloved, the Gospel of the day says it all.

The loving eye of God is always upon me.  Even when I stray He calls me to repentance and finding me He rejoices that I have not died in my sins but I have been saved so that I can enjoy eternity with Him.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment