Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

1 Samuel 17:47,1 Kings 18:36-39 Psalm 16: 2, 4-5, 8, 11

1 Samuel 17:43
The battle belongs to Yahweh.


Beloved, in all the daily struggles of my life to be pleasing to You, I am reminded that You do battle on my behalf. I need not be discouraged because I am weak.  I rest in You my God and allow You to have complete control of me.


1 Kings 18:36-29
, “O Yahweh, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant, doing all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, O Yahweh, answer me so that this peo­ple may know that you, O Yahweh, are God and that you are turning back their hearts to you.” 38 Then the fire of Yahweh fell and consumed the burnt offering, together with the wood, the stones also, and the dust; the water also dried up in the trench.
39 All the people witnessed this. Then they fell on their faces and said, “Yahweh is God! Yahweh is God!” 


Abba Father, You are a God of might, strength and power.  Your ear is constantly open to hear the voice of those who love You and trust in You.  Grant me the grace to put all my faith and trust in You as Elijah did for You are a mighty God.


Psalm 16:2, 4, 4-5, 8, 11
I say to the Lord,

“You are my Lord, my only good.”
Those who run after foreign gods
only have their sorrows multiplied.
Let me not shed blood for them,
nor their names be heard on my lips.
O Lord, my inheritance and my cup,
my chosen portion – hold secure my lot.
I keep the Lord always before me;
for with him at my right hand,
I will never be shaken.


11 You will show me the path of life,
in your presence the fullness of joy,
at your right hand happiness forever.

Thank You Beloved for all Your assurances that in You I am safe and secure. No harm can come to me. No evil can touch me.

"Your destiny is heaven. Keep your eye firmly on the goal and keep your hand in mine. Follow in my footsteps.  Let your heart overflow with praise and thanks for all I  have done for you.  Rest in My love remembering always how much I love you."


No comments:

Post a Comment