Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

John 13:16-20

John 13:16-20
16 Truly, I say to you, the servant is not greater than his master, nor is the messenger greater than he who sent him. 17 Understand this, and blessed are you if you put it into practice.  18 I am not speaking of you all, because I know the ones I have chosen and the Scripture has to be fulfilled that says, "The one who shared my table has risen against me."19 I tell you this now before it happens, so that when it does happen, you may know that I am He. 20 Truly, I say to you, whoever welcomes the one I send, welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me, welcomes the One who sent me.”

Beloved, in these verses of the Gospel,You show us what servant leadership means.  You washed the feet of Your disciples and You demonstrated in action what is expected from us who call ourselves Your disciples. You want us to understand what You have done.  You are God and the Son of God and You removed Your outer garment and put on an apron (the garment of a servant), You knelt down in humility at the feet of Your creatures and You washed their feet.  Later, You would suffer the humiliation of the cruellest of punishments, meant to shame the worst of criminals.  There on the Cross, hanging between heaven and earth You washed away the sins of the entire human race. 

Thank You my Beloved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment