Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1 Chronicles 14:2, Matthew 20:14-16


1 Chronicles 14:2
David then knew that Yahweh had established him as king over Israel and that for the sake of His people Israel, his kingdom was being prosperous.

When God increases the wealth and power of an individual, it is with the intent that this wealth and power will be shared and used to help the less fortunate.  Yet, how few realise this and even if they do, how few put all they have at the service of others.

Matthew 20:14-16

13 The owner said to one of them: ‘Friend, I have not been unjust to you. Did we not agree on a denarius a day? 14 So take what is yours and go. I want to give to the last the same as I give to you. 15 Don’t I have the right to do as I please with my money? Why are you envious when I am kind?’   So will it be : the last will be first and the first last."

Whether as a nation, as a group or as an individual, we all want special status, to be treated differently, believing that we are entitled to more than others are given and envious that God is equally generous to all.  He has no favorites.  All who hear and obey His invitation are rewarded equally.  What matters to Him is our response to His invitation no matter the hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment