Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Sirach 17:22, Sirach 18:16-17, 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12, Matthew 23:13

Sirach 17:22
22 He holds a man’s almsgiving dear as a priceless signet ring; he cherishes a good deed like the apple of his eye.
Sirach 18:16-17
16 Does not dew temper the heat? So, too, a kind word is much better than a gift.
17 The gift is not as valuable as the words which accompany it, but a generous man brings both.

Every good deed I do is seen and will not go unrewarded by You my Lord..  It is You who have given me a kind and generous disposition but it is I who has to choose to make the acts of love and generously every time.
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12
11 This is why we constantly pray for you; may our God make you worthy of his calling. May he, by his power, fulfill your good purposes and your work prompt¬ed by faith. 12 In that way, the name of Jesus our Lord will be glorified through you, and you through him, according to the loving plan of God and of Christ Jesus the Lord.

My Beloved, many have prayed for me in the past, they have since gone to their reward and many pray for me now.  All these prayers continue to be a blessing

Matthew 23:13
• 13 Therefore, woe to you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door to the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor do you allow others to do so.

Help me Beloved to do the good You have planned for me to do with an open and generous heart.  I have received freely, I am called to give as freely as I have received.  What a wonderful thing it is indeed my Lord to open the door of the Kingdom of Heaven so that not only I but those I help too can enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment