Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Zechariah 2:9 & 14, Ezekiel 43:5-7, Matthew 23:11-12, Psalm 85:12,

Zechariah 2:9
This is the word of Yahweh: I myself will be around her like a wall of fire, and also within her in Glory.
14 “Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for I am about to come, I shall dwell among you,” says Yahweh.

What a wonderful promise my Lord.  Stay around me.  Abide in me and I shall be glad always.

Ezekiel 43:5-7
5 The spirit lifted me up and brought me into the inner court: the Glory of Yahweh was filling the House. 6 And I heard someone speaking to me from the Temple while the man stood beside me. 7 The voice said, “Son of man, you have seen the place of my throne, where I will place the soles of my feet, and live among the Israelites forever; and the people of Israel, they and their kings, will no longer defile my holy name with their prostitutions and the kings.

My Beloved, make my heart Your throne and place there the soles of Your feet as You reign over me.

Matthew 23:11-12
"Let the greatest among you be the servant of all.  For whoever makes himself great shall be humbled, and whoever humbles himself shall be made great."

In Your Kingdom the law of love alone rules. The great shall serve the least.  The last shall be first.  Your kingdom is one of paradox and contradiction.  It is the one who is willing to turn the other cheek and is meek and humble of heart who will triumph and inherit the Kingdom.  This principle is difficult for the world to undertand and even the Christian finds it hard to fully grasp as well as practice. You call us to live lives of  heroic virtue - You would not ask this of us if it were impossible.  You supply all that is necessary if only we desire it and ask.

Psalm 85:12
12 Faithfulness will reach up from the earth
while justice bends down from heaven.

God always comes in haste to meet His own and grasp the hands of those who reach out to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment