Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Isaiah 55:10-11, Psalm 34:4-7, 16, 18-19, Matthew 6:7-15

Isaiah 55:10-11
10 As the rain and the snow come down from the heavens and do not return till they have watered the earth, making it yield seed for the sower and food for others to eat, 11 so is my word that goes forth out of my mouth: it will not return to me idle, but it shall accomplish my will, the purpose for which it has been sent.

My Beloved, Eternal Word, Word made flesh.  All the scripture verses that have comforted me and given me hope have issued forth from the mouth of God.  Thank You for the verses today that assure me that unlike man You do not speak idle words - Your Word is filled with power and glory.

Psalm 34:4-7, 16, 18-19
4 Oh, let us magnify the Lord, together let us glorify his name! 5 I sought the Lord, and he answered me; from all my fears he delivered me.  6 They who look to him are radiant with joy, their faces never clouded with shame.  7 When the poor cry out, the Lord hears and saves them from distress. 16 The eyes of the Lord are fixed on the righteous; his ears are inclined to their cries.   18 The Lord hears the cry of the righteous and rescues them from all their troubles. 19 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves the distraught.

Yes Lord, my heart exults and gives thanks together with the psalmist.  Each time I cried out to You, You  heard and comforted me.  You melted away my fears.  You strengthened me and gave me hope.  What would I do without You Lord?

Matthew 6:7-15
7 When you pray, do not use a lot of words, as the pagans do, for they hold that the more they say, the more chance they have of being heard. 8 Do not be like them. Your Father knows what you need, even before you ask him9 This, then, is how you should pray:  Our Father in heaven, holy be your name, 10 your kingdom come and your will be done, on earth as in heaven. 11 Give us today our daily bread. 12 Forgive us our debts  just as we have forgiven those who are in debt to us. 13 Do not bring us to the test but deliver us from the evil one.  14 If you forgive others their wrongs, your Father in heaven will also forgive yours. 15 If you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive you either.


Beloved when we pray heart speaks to heart. 

This prayer is the most beautiful of all prayers because You taught it to us.  How beautifully it sums up every human need.  Our need of a Father who is wise, strong, compassionate, powerful, trust worthy and above all loving.  A Father who is ready and able to give us all that we need to help us on our journey through life and into eternity.  'YOUR WILL BE DONE,' is so often the hardest prayer to make, yet my Beloved, You know how important it is for us to surrender yet how difficult and almost impossible it often is.  We are afraid of the consequences of giving complete control to God.  What a lack of trust we have and this must distress our Father immensely.

You also teach us to pray for our daily needs - bread for today not for tomorrow.  Often we wish and pray for lots and lots of bread to last us a lifetime but our Father knows how quickly His fickle children would forget Him and begin to rely on His gifts rather than on Him, the Giver of all gifts.  All we need is bread for today and a loving trust that our Daddy God will feed us tomorrow.  How pleasing we would be to God if we put this prayer into practice every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment