Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jeremiah 17-5-8

Jeremiah 17:5-8
5 This is what Yahweh says, “Cursed is the man who trusts in human beings and depends on a mortal for his life, while his heart is drawn away from Yahweh!  6 He is like a bunch of thistles in dry land, in parched desert places, in a salt land where no one lives and who never finds happiness.  7 Blessed is the man who puts his trust in Yahweh and whose confidence is in him! 8 He is like a tree planted by the water, sending out its roots towards the stream.  He has no fear when the heat comes, his leaves are always green; the year of drought is no problem and he can always bear fruit.

My Beloved, once more on my journey to eternal life You are allowing me to experience calvary.  You remind me not to put my trust in humans but in You alone.  Trusting You I will find hope in a situation that seems hopeless.  You are teaching me to say, "Thy will be done", once again and mean it.  I stand before You helpless and powerless I can only lean on You, call on You, cry to You - I am weak and tired and I confess that I need You and Your strength.  Once again I cry out to You  in my distress and I say with the prophet Jeremiah 17:14, "Heal Sandy and she shall be whole, save her and she shall be safe O You my hope!"
 
My Beloved there are many who are called to walk the way of the Cross in imitation of You and You wish me to enter into the passion and suffering of those who suffer.  Right now it is our Sandy who is suffering.  In sharing spiritually in this sorrow, imprint You image on our heart and make it possible for us, through our prayers, to ease her burden in some way.  Give her strength and heal her my Beloved is the cry of my soul if it is Your will - Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment