Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Psalm 3:2-7

My Beloved, how simple it is to lie down, to give in and let anguish and grief crush me.  I would like to get into my bed, draw the covers over me and sleep the sleep of sorrow and exhaustion.  It takes courage that only You can give to lift my head high, to know that I can do nothing in this battle but lay myself at Your feet and allow You to fight on my behalf. 

Psalm 3:2-7
The Psalmist says it well,

2 O Lord, how great in number are my foes!
How numerous are they who rise against me!
3 How many are they who say of my soul:
“There is no help for him in God!”
4 But you are my shield, O Lord,
my glory, you lift up my head.
5 Aloud I cry to the Lord,
and from his holy hill he answers me.
6 If I lie down to sleep,
again I awake, for the Lord supports me;
7 no fear of the thousands standing against me.

You are always ministering to us.  You are always working on our behalf, setting us free, wiping away our tears, strengthening us, healing us and feeding us with food for the body and for the soul.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment