Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Psalm 86:1-6, Luke 5:27-28, 30-32

Jeremiah 9:22-23
22 It is Yahweh who speaks: “Let not the wise boast of his wisdom, nor the valiant of his valor nor the wealthy of his wealth!  23 But if someone wants to boast,  let him boast of this:  of understanding and knowing me.  I am Yahweh, the merciful;  I implement justice  and rule the world with righteousness.  For in these things I delight,”  this is Yahweh’s word.

Beloved, reading these verses, I know beyond any doubt that the Scripture verses I read each day are not random but that You have a message to give me.  You know that I have been fighting vain, prideful boastful thoughts about something that has happened recently.  You remind me that I ought not to boast and if I must, then to boast about understanding and knowing You.

Isaiah 58:9-15
9 Then you will call and Yahweh will answer, you will cry and he will say, I am here.  If you remove from your midst the yoke,  the clenched fist and the wicked word, 10 if you share your food with the hungry  and give relief to the oppressed, then your light will rise in the dark,  your night will be like noon.  11 Yahweh will guide you always and give you relief in desert places. He will strengthen your bones; he will make you as a watered garden,  like a spring of water  whose waters never fail.  12 Your ancient ruins will be rebuilt,  the age-old foundations will be raised.  You will be called the Breach-mender, and the Restorer of ruined houses.  13 If you stop profaning the sabbath  and doing as you please on the holy day, if you call the sabbath a day of delight  and keep sacred Yahweh’s holy day,  if you honor it by not going your own way, not doing as you please  and not speaking with malice, 14 then you will find happiness in Yahweh,  over the heights you will ride triumphantly, and feast joyfully on the inheritance of your father Jacob you. The mouth of Yahweh has spoken. 

 Psalm 86:1-6
Listen, O Lord, and answer me, for I am afflicted and needy. 2 Preserve my life for I am God-fearing; save your servant who trusts in you.  3 Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I cry to you all day.  4 Bring joy to the soul of your servant, for you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 5 You are good and forgiving, O Lord, caring for those who call on you.  6 Listen, O Lord, to my prayer, hear the voice of my pleading.

Thank You my Lord for all the wonderful promises You make in the above verses if I on my part do what pleases You in loving my neighbor. 
Luke 5:27-
27 Jesus noticed a tax collector named Levi sitting in the tax-office, he said to him, “Follow me.” 28 So Levi, leaving everything, got up and followed Jesus.  30 Then the Pharisees and their fellow teachers complained to Jesus’ disciples, “How is it that you eat and drink with tax collectors and other sinners?” 31 But Jesus spoke up, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor, but sick people do. 32 I have come to call to repentance; I call sinners, not the righteous.”

When You call grant that I may leave everything and follow You. May I obey promptly and  joyfully.  Thank You for assuring me that You came for one like me. You know how much I need You.

No comments:

Post a Comment