Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2 Timothy 1:7,Luke 10:1-4

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not confer on us a spirit of bashfulness, but of strength, love and good judgement.

My Beloved, there are times when I wish I could see You like many who have had visions, then I remember Your words to Thomas, "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe."  I want to be one of these blessed little ones.

Luke 10:1-4
1 After this the Lord appointed seventy-two other disciples and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place, where he himself was to go. 2 And he said to them, “The harvest is rich, but the workers are few. So you must ask the Lord of the harvest to send workers to his harvest. 3 Courage! I am sending you like lambs among wolves. 4 Set off without purse or bag or sandals; and do not stop at the homes of those you know.

My Beloved, I too am called to be Your disciple.  I am called to be Your sign in the world - Your sign of peace, love, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, compassion.  I want to be everything that You wish me to be and I know You will provide the grace to help me.

Thank You for reminding me that You have not given me a spirit of bashfulness but of strength, love and good judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment