Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1 John 4:7-10, Mark 6:42-44


1 John 4:7-10
My dear friends, let us love one another for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.  Those who do not love have not known God, for God is love.  How did the love of God appear among us?  God sent His only Son into this world that we might have life through Him.  This is love:  not that we loved God but that He first loved us us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

My Beloved, You  loved me first, You love me last and You love me always. You love me passionately - I want to return that love just as passionately - but You are infinite, I am small and finite.  I must love my neighbor dispassionately and disinterestedly so that in my love for my friend there is nothing of self.  I must love horizontally simply because I love vertically.  You stoop down to me in tender passion.  I respond gratefully and with all the fervor of my being and I must lover everyone else because I overflow with love.


Mark 6:42-44
They all ate and everyone had enough.  The disciples gathered up what was left and filleld twelve baskets with broken pieces of bread and fish.  Five thousand men had eaten there.

My Beloved, if only we would share the good things You have given us everyone will have enough and there will be plenty left over.

The measure of my life is the measure I am ready to give of what I am and what I have. My own Beloved, give me a generous heart and a generous spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment