Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

John 10:27-28, Isaiah 11:1-10, Romans 15:4-9, Matthew 3:1-2, Psalm 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17

Daily Mass Readings for today: Isaiah 11:1-10, Romans 15:4-9, Matthew 3:1-2, Psalm 72:1-2, 7-8, 12-13, 17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John 10:27-28
27 My sheep hear my voice and I know them; they follow me 28 and I give them eternal life. They shall never perish and no one will ever steal them from me.

I am glad I belong to Your fold my Beloved. I hear Your voice. It is familiar to me and I shall follow wherever You lead me. Thank You for the life I enjoy as Your sheep. Thank You for Your promise that I shall not perish and that no one can steal me. I claim this promise for my friends who are baptized into You but whose faith is weak right now. You are faithful, and I claim this promise for them too.

Isaiah 11:1-10,

Beloved, what wonderful promises the Prophet Isaiah makes concerning You. In the day of the Lord Justice, love, peace,and joy will flourish eternally. When You come again all things will be as our God intended them to be from the beginning.

Romans 15:4-9,

Thank You Beloved for the hard and stubborn hearts of our Jewish brethren in refusing to embrace You and so the Good News was preached to pagans who now recognize You as Savior,Lord, Redeemer, Messiah and Son of the Living God. This to is part of Your plan.

Matthew 3:1-12
11 I baptize you in water for a change of heart, but the one who is coming after me is more powerful than me; indeed I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you in the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 He has the winnowing fan in his hand and he will clear out his threshing floor. He will gather his wheat into the barn, but the chaff he will burn in everlasting fire.”

Verses 11 and 12 carry a promise and a warning. A promise of power and grace to those who believe and annihilation to those who refuse to believe despite all the proofs of love that You give them.

No comments:

Post a Comment