Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Isaiah 53:12, Song of Songs 2:8-14, Luke 1:39-45, Psalm 33:2-3, 11-12, 20-21

Mass Readings for Today:   Song of Songs 2:8-14, Luke 1:39-45, Psalm 33:2-3, 11-12, 20-21
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isaiah 53:12
...He surrendered Himself to death and was even counted among the wicked, bearing the sins of the multitude and interceding for sinners.

Beloved, You took upon Yourself our iniquity and our guilt.  You identified completely with us.  You became sin for our sake in order that You could justify us before Your Father.  Tempted as You were to have the cup taken from You, You surrendered to the Father's will.  Forgive me for all the times I have been self-centered and lacking generosity.  I have been selfish.  Thank You for bringing me back to my senses.  "Bloom where you are planted," is sound advice.

Song of Songs 2:8-14
She
8 The voice of my lover! Behold he comes, springing across the mountains, jumping over the hills, 9 like a gazelle or a young stag. Now he stands behind our wall, looking through the windows, peering through the lattice. 10 My lover speaks to me, 
He 
“Arise, my love, my beautiful one! 11 Come, the winter is gone, the rains are over. 12 Flowers have appeared on earth; the season of singing has come; the cooing of doves is heard. 13 The fig tree forms its early fruit, the vines in blossom are fragrant. Arise, my beautiful one, come with me, my love, come. 14 O my dove in the rocky cleft, in the secret places of the cliff, let me see your face, let me hear your voice. Your face – how lovely! Your voice – how sweet!”

You came looking for me Beloved, and You found me.  Thank You for every word of encouragement.  The storm that I was going through has passed.  Thank You for family who listened to me patiently.  You are my help, my strength and my song.

Just as God came seeking Mama Mary at the Annunciation, You came looking for me.  You will endow me with all I need for service in Your honor and for Your glory.

Luke 1:42
“You are most blessed among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb!"

Mama dearest, among all women, you are most blessed and I am grateful that the Mother of My Lord always comes to me and intercedes for me.  Because of you Mama, we too have been blessed - for you brought forth our Savior and Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment