Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Song of Songs 8:6-7, 1 Samuel 1:24-28, Luke 1:46-56, 1 Samuel 2::1, 4-8

Mass Readings for Today: 1 Samuel 1:24-28, Luke 1:46-56, 1 Samuel 2:1, 4-8
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of Songs 8:6-7

Set me as a seal on your heart,
set me as a seal on your arm.
For love is strong as death;
its jealousy lasting as the power of death,
it burns like a blazing fire,
it blazes like a mighty flame.
No flood can extinguish love
nor river submerge it.
If a man were to buy love
with all the wealth of his house,
contempt is all he would purchase.

Beloved, if I could only love You as You ought to be loved.  I am a little nothing and what can nothing offer Everything?  I ask You to place me in Your heart in order that I may become one with You and make Your love my own - then I can love You in return with Your own love.  

Grant me my Beloved not only the desire and the will to love You, but grace as well so that I can do so with all the fervor of my entire being.  Whatever You want Beloved, grant me the generosity of heart to give it - for all I have is what You have given me.

1 Samuel 1:24-28,

Luke 1:56

56 Mary remained with Elizabeth about three months and then returned home.

Beloved,Your Mama stayed three months with Elizabeth in her home.  In those three months You were there blessing them. John himself was filled with Your Holy Spirit while you were both each in your mother's womb.   Bless me Beloved when I receive You in the Eucharist and fill me with Your Holy Spirit so that I may be glad the whole day and a blessing to all I encounter

No comments:

Post a Comment