Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Sirach 48:11, Isaiah 48:17-19, Matthew 11:16-19, Psalm 1:1-4, 6

Mass Reading for today:  Isaiah 48:17-19, Matthew 11:16-19, Psalm 1:1-4, 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sirach 48:11
11 Happy are those who will see you and those who die in love, for we too shall live.

Happy are those who die in love for we too shall live.  Thank You Beloved for this sweet reminder.  Our Sandy died in Your love and we have Your assurance that she lives.  Thanks for this timely word of comfort when I need it.


Isaiah 48:17
17 Thus says Yahweh, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I, Yahweh, your God, teach you what is best for you; I lead you in the way that you must go.
18 Had you paid attention to my commandments, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
19 Your descendants would have been like the sand, and those born of your stock like its grains, their names never cut off nor blotted out from my presence.

Help me to be always docile under Your hand, ready to do all You desire then I can hope for eternal joy for me and my descendants


Matthew 11:16-19
16 Now, to what can I compare the people of this day? They are like children sitting in the marketplace, about whom their companions complain: 17 ‘We played the flute for you but you would not dance. We sang a funeral-song but you would not cry!’
18 For John came fasting and peo­ple said: ‘He is possessed.’ 19 Then the Son of Man came, he ate and drank, and people said: ‘Look at this man! A glutton and drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet the outcome will prove Wisdom to be right.”

How easy it is to make wrong judgments by viewing what is on the outside.  Without understanding we miss the entire message.  Only on entering fully into into and living the Gospel life shall I have a clear idea of which it means to be fully alive in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment