Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Romans 8:11, Zephaniah 3:1-2, 9-13, Matthew 21:28:32, Psalm 34:2-3, 6-7, 17-19, 23

 Mass Readings for Today:  Zephaniah 3:1-2, 9-13, Matthew 21:28:32, Psalm 34:2-3, 6-7, 17-19, 23
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Romans 8:11
11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is within you, He who raised Jesus Christ from among the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies. Yes, he will do it through his Spirit who dwells within you.

Beloved, pour out Your Holy Spirit on me in order that I may be filled with Your abundant life.  I tend to get discouraged sometimes my Lord, animate me and raise me up to life in You through the life giving power of Your own Holy Spirit.

Zephaniah 3:9
9 At that time I will give truthful lips to the pagan nations that all of them may call on the name of Yahweh and serve him with the same zeal.


Your are Truth and when we speak the truth we reflect You.  We who were once pagans have accepted You and call on You for we love You. 

Matthew 21:32
31 Which of the two did what the father wanted?” They answered, “The first.” And Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you: the publicans and the prostitutes are ahead of you on the way to the kingdom of heaven.

The fact that I am a sinner and fall short all the time is often the cause of my shame but You have taken away my guilt and You have clothed me with the garments of Your righteousness.  When You walks with us Lord, we walk in Your might and Your strength.  Thank You for the hope You give sinners.  A contrite and humble heart You will not spurn.  No matter how miserably I fail and how many times I fall in the day, all I need is to cry to You for help and You rush to my aid.

Psalm 34:2-3, 6-7, 23
I will bless the Lord all my days;
his praise will be ever on my lips.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the lowly hear and rejoice.
They who look to him are radiant with joy,
their faces never clouded with shame.
When the poor cry out, the Lord hears
and saves them from distress.
23 But the Lord will redeem the life of his servants;
none of those who trust in him will be doomed.

I praise You and Your goodness always.  You h ave rescued me and You h ave raised me up in Your life of grace.  Because You live in me, I am radiant and joyful always.  My strength and peace are drawn from You.  Every time I cried out to You You hastened to my side.  You wiped away my tears and consoled me,.  Thank You for the wonderful assurance of verse 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment