Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010


My Beloved, the purpose of the gift of Your Holy Spirit is in order to empower us to become Your witnesses.  We need Him because we cannot even say, "Jesus is Lord," without His help.  The Spirit helps us to pray.  He searches our own human spirit and brings to light our weaknesses and sins so that we can confess them and plead for grace so we may not sin again.  We need Your Holy Spirit to love You as You ought to be loved, to love ourselves despite our self-knolwedge, trusting God to help us to become all we ought to be and to love our neighbor which sometimes seems impossible, and is impossible, if You do not provide us with the spiritual gifts that we can use to empower us

Nothing worth having comes without a struggle.  I need to pray with confidence, faithfully, day after day, month after month, year after year and trust that in Your perfect time, You will give me all I need to live a life that is pleasing to You.

Pour out Your Holy Spirit upon me my Beloved so I can always and everywhere spread the sweet fragrance of Your love. 

I love You my Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment