Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Isaiah 45:23, Isaiah 46:3-4, 9, Acts 20:26-30, 32, John 17:11-19

Isaiah 45:23-24
Before me every knee will bend, by me every tongue will swear, 24 saying, “In Yahweh alone are righteousness and strength.” 

Beloved, in these verses You remind me who You are and because of who You are the world will sink down to its knees and bow down before You.

Isaiah 46:3-9, 9
....I have cared for you since you were conceived, and carried you since you were born.  4 Even to your old age, I am he and I will sustain you even when your hair turns gray. It is I who have done this, and who bear the burdens, I will sustain and save you.  I recall those things of long ago.
9 I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

Yet, it is You who love so tenderly.  You take into account my frailty and my many weaknesses and my tendency to sin and You supply all I need because You are loving and generous.  And finally my Beloved, although You deign to temper Your justice with loving kindness and compassion, I must never lose sight of the fact that You are God.

Acts 20:28-30, 32
28 Keep watch over yourselves and over the whole flock the Holy Spirit has placed into your care. Shepherd the Church of the Lord that he has won at the price of his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, ruthless wolves will come among you and not spare the flock. 30 And from among you, some will arise corrupting the truth and inducing the disciples to follow them.  32 Now I commend you to God and to his grace-filled word, which is able to make you grow and gain the inheritance that you shall share with all the saints.

 Beloved, wolves with or without sheep's clothing continue to attack and undermine the Church from without and within.  We are under Your all powerful protection.  Your Word sustains us and  helps us grow and someday we shall enjoy the inheritance that You have obtained for us and which we will share with all the saints who have gone before us.



John 17:11-19
11 I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world whereas I am going to you. Holy Father, keep them in your Name (that you have given me,) so that they may be one, just as we are. 12 When I was with them, I kept them safe in your Name, and not one was lost except the one who was already lost, and in this the Scripture was fulfilled. 13 But now I am coming to you and I leave these my words in the world that my joy may be complete in them.  14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them because they are not of the world; just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not ask you to remove them from the world but to keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world; 17 consecrate them in the truth – your word is truth. 18 I have sent them into the world as you sent me into the world, 19 and for their sake, I go to the sacrifice by which I am consecrated, so that they too may be consecrated in truth.

My Beloved Jesus this beautiful, tender and loving prayer You prayed to the Father for Your Church and its members has preserved and protected it from its enemies throughout the centuries.  Sometimes one is afraid for Your Bride, the Church that was formed from Your pierced side at Calvary.  The attacks to Your Church in the present age are virulent, the lies are vicious and repeated persistently day after day, ad infinitum ad nauseam by the media.  But we need not be afraid for Your love and Your constant, vigilant protection helps the Church overcome the snares of the world and the devil.

Your holy sacrifice has consecrated Your Bride the Church.  Your Body and Blood and the water that flowed from Your side washes us, cleanses us, purifies us and makes us holy despite the sinfulness of its members.

Thank You Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment