Search This Blog

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Isaiah 59:21, Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-11, Acts 22:11,

Isaiah 59:21
For my part, this is my covenant with you.  My Spirit which I have poured out on you and my words which I have put in your mouth, will never leave you, nor your children, nor your children's children forever and ever.

What a wonderful promise Beloved. Thank You.  I am truly grateful.

Acts 22:11
...That night the Lord stood by Paul and said, "Courage! As you  have borne witness to me here in Jerusalem, so must you do in Rome."

You will always come to us and strengthen  us when we are faithful in carrying out the mission and mandate You have given us. The Mission: Is to go out into the world and preach the Good News.  The Mandate:  Is to be holy and perfect and as the Father is holy and perfect.

Psalm 16: 1-2, 5, 7-11

Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord,
“You are my Lord, my only good.”
O Lord, my inheritance and my cup,
my chosen portion – hold secure my lot.
I bless the Lord who counsels me;
even at night my inmost self instructs me.
I keep the Lord always before me;
for with him at my right hand,
I will never be shaken.
My heart, therefore, exults, my soul rejoices;
my body too will rest assured.
10 For you will not abandon
my soul to the grave,
nor will you suffer your holy one
to see decay in the land of the dead.
11 You will show me the path of life,
in your presence the fullness of joy,
at your right hand happiness forever.


Beloved, in Psalm 16 Your promises are reassuring to one who believes, hopes, trusts and loves You.



John 17:20-26

20 I pray not only for these but also for those who through their word will believe in me. 21 May they all be one as you Father are in me and I am in you. May they be one in us; so the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the Glory you have given me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. Thus they shall reach perfection in unity and the world shall know that you have sent me and that I have loved them just as you loved me.
24 Father, since you have given them to me, I want them to be with me where I am and see the Glory you gave me, for you loved me before the foundation of the world.
25 Righteous Father, the world has not known you but I have known you, and these have known that you have sent me. 26 As I revealed your Name to them, so will I continue to reveal it, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I also may be in them.”

What a beautiful prayer for unity between You and us.  You wish us to share and enjoy the same glory that You share with Your Father.  You want us to reach perfection in unity with the Church and with one another.  You want us in eternity with You where we can see the glory given to You by the Father and this same glory You wish to share with Your own.  For those who believe, You have given the privilege of being called children of God.  You are a generous Lover Beloved.  You share everything holding nothing back.  Teach me to love as You love.  To be generous as You are generous.  Not to count the cost of loving.  Grant me the grace to make You known and loved by those around me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment