Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Acts 20:19-20, 24, 27, John 17:2-4, 6, 9-11

Acts 20:19-20, 24, 27

19 how I served the Lord in humility through the sorrows and trials that the Jews caused me. 20 You know that I never held back from doing anything that could be useful for you; I spoke publicly and in your homes  24 Indeed I put no value on my life, if only I can finish my race and complete the service to which I have been assigned by the Lord Jesus, to announce the good news of God’s grace. . 27 For I have spared no effort in fully declaring to you God’s will.

Beloved, all this ought to be true of me too because I to have the same mission, which is to make You known to all who are within the circle of my influence.


John 17:2-4, 6, 9-11

2 Jesus said, "Father, You have given him power over all mortals, and you want him to bring eternal life to all you have entrusted to him. For this is eternal life: to know you, the only true God, and the One you sent, Jesus Christ.
I have glorified you on earth and finished the work that you gave me to do. 
I have made your name known to those you gave me from the world. They were yours and you gave them to me, and they kept your word.
I pray for them; I do not pray for the world but for those who belong to you and whom you have given to me – 10 indeed all I have is yours and all you have is mine – and now they are my glory. 11 I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world whereas I am going to you. Holy Father, keep them in your Name (that you have given me,) so that they may be one, just as we are."

You have prayed for me Beloved, as You have prayed for all of us who call ourselves Christians.  I am Your follower.  I wish to keep Your Word always.  I want to belong to You and to Your Father.  The Father has entrusted me to You my Beloved and You have given me all that the Father has given You.  Help me always to remember that I am not alone.  I do not live in isolation.  I am one with You and one with Your Body, the One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church.  All the spiritual treasures with which You have enriched Your  Church are mine as well.  Thank You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment