Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

2 CHRONICLES 6:19-20, ZEPHANIAH 3:15-16, LUKE 1:46-55

da
2 CHRONICLES 6:19-20
Yahweh my God, listen to the cry and to the prayer Your servant makes to You.  Day and night let Your eyes watch this house where You have promised that Your Name would be.

Beloved, although I know this verse applies to Your Church, I ask You to also watch over our home both  here and in India.  Let Your loving and watchful gaze be on each member of the family.  Watch over our going out and coming in and may Your everlasting Presence remain with us Amen.

ZEPHANIAH 3:15-16
The King of Israel is with you; do not fear any misfortune.  Do not be afraid nor let your hands tremble, for Yahweh Your God is within you.

Beloved, You are with me, Emmanuel, I need never be afraid.  I need never allow myself to tremble with fear for God, my God is with me.  I receive You in Your fullness my Life, in the Eucharist and You give me all I need to live a life victorious in Your Spirit.


LUKE 1:46-55

46 And Mary said:
      “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
             47 my spirit exults in God my savior!
             48 He has looked upon his servant in her lowliness,
      and people forever will call me blessed.
             49 The Mighty One has done great things for me,
      Holy is his Name!
             50 From age to age his mercy extends
      to those who live in his presence.
             51 He has acted with power and done wonders,
      and scattered the proud with their plans.
             52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones
      and lifted up those who are downtrodden.
             53 He has filled the hungry with good things
      but has sent the rich away empty.
             54 He held out his hand to Israel, his servant,
      for he remembered his mercy,
             55 even as he promised our fathers,
      Abraham and his descendants forever.”


Mama, my Mistress and my Queen, this beautiful hymn of praise that rang out and sent its song into the world where it is sung in every language by every nation, by saints and sinners alike, from generation to generation, is a song that is pure delight to God.  It is the song of a soul who is truly a soul under the Lordship of the Most High God.  It is the song of a soul in total surrender, of perfect faith, hope and joy.  It is a song that gives God all the glory for the wonders that He has done.  In this hymn my Mama, you teach me that for the soul that lies quiet like a weaned child on its mother's breast, God holds His hand out in loving protection and gives to such a soul all that is necessary to live a life triumphant over the snares of the enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment