Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Psalm 33:3, Acts 15-7-11, Psalm 96:6, John 15:9-11

Psalm 33:3
"Call Me and I shall answer.  I will reveal to you great and mysterious things you have not known."

Beloved, let my turning to You, all the time, and lifting my face to You, be like the sunflower that constantly seeks and lifts its head to the sun.

Acts 15:7-11
7After there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, ‘My brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that I should be the one through whom the Gentiles would hear the message of the good news and become believers. 8And God, who knows the human heart, testified to them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us; 9and in cleansing their hearts by faith he has made no distinction between them and us. 10Now therefore why are you putting God to the test by placing on the neck of the disciples a yoke that neither our ancestors nor we have been able to bear? 11On the contrary, we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will.’

We have to always be sensitive to the sensibilities of others, especially if their faith is weak. It is often more important to be kind, loving, patient and gentle even if you are right.

Psalm 96:6

6Honour and majesty are before him; strength and beauty are in his sanctuary. 


Beloved, You are in Your sanctuary at the right hand of the Father and adored, worshipped continually in heaven and yet You long for my poor love.  I love You now and always.  Help me to love You more and more each day.

John 15:9-11
9As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. 10If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 11I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.

So often we read these words casually and yet they are so powerful.  You say 
that You love us as the Father loves You.  I can remain in Your love always by keeping Your commandment of love to You my God and to my neighbour.  In imitation of You, You want me to have the fulness of your own love, life and joy and You tell us how we can make this possible in our lives.

Help me my Lord, to be all that I can be through grace. Amen.

PSALM 90:14
FILL US AT DAYBREAK WITH YOUR LOVE, THAT WE MAY BE GLAD THE WHOLE DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment