Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Proverbs 3:5-6, Acts 15:3, 4 & 6, John 15:1-2, 4, 5, 7-8

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in God with all your heart; do not rely on your own insight.  Let His Presence pervade all your ways and He will protect your foot from the snare.

Beloved, what a beautiful promise.  Give me a childlike faith and trust in You.  Let me keep my gaze fixed on You always so that You can direct my way and will so that all I do, think and am is what You desire always.

Acts 15:3, 4 & 6
They were sent on their way by the Church.
On their arrival to Jerusalem, they were welcomed by the Church, the apostles and the elders to whom they told all that God had done through them.
So the apostles and the elders met together to consider the matter.

Beloved, how clear it is from this passage that to trust in You means that we should trust Your Church which is entrusted to Peter's successor and the Magisterium.  If we do this we will never fall into a trap.

John 15:1-2, 4, 5, 7-8
Jesus said to His disciples, "I am the true vine and my Father is the vine-grower.  If any of my branches doesn't bear fruit, He breaks it off; and He prunes every branch that does bear fruit that it may bear even more fruit.
Live in Me as I live in you.
I am the vine and you are the branches.  As long as you remain in Me and I in you, you bear much fruit, but apart from Me you can do nothing.
If you remain in Me and My words in you, you may ask whatever you want and it will be given to you.  My Father is glorified when you bear much fruit; it is then that you become My disciples.

Again my Lord, You affirm what You spoke to me in Proverbs 3:5-6.  I must be one in You through faith, love, prayer and obedience to Your word, only then can I call myself an authentic disciple.  Only then will I produce fruit pleasing to You and which will last.  Keep me one with You Beloved, only then will I be safe from the snares of the enemy.

ONLY IN THE CHURCH ESTABLISHED BY YOU, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST,  IS THE FULLNESS OF YOUR PRESENCE AND JOY FOUND.

No comments:

Post a Comment