Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Luke 17:15, 16, 19 & 24, 1 Peter 1:13-16, Psalm 98:3, Mark 10:29-31

Luke 17:15, 16, 19, 24
15 One of them, as soon as he saw he was cleansed, turned back praising God in a loud voice and 16 throwing himself on his face before Jesus, he gave him thanks.  17 Then Jesus said, “Were not all ten healed? Where are the other nine? 24 As lightning flashes from one end of the sky to the other, so will it be with the Son of Man.

M--- you must believe that whatever you have asked for in faith, you have received.

1 Peter 1:13-16
13 So, then, let your spirit be ready. Be alert, with confident trust in the grace you will receive when Jesus Christ appears. 14 Like obedient children, do not return to your former life given over to ignorance and passions. 15 Imitate the one who called you. As he is holy so you, too, be holy in all your conduct, 16 since Scripture says: Be holy for I am holy.

"Be alert, be confident, trust in the grace I provide.  Imitate Me - be holy as I am holy."

"Beloved, here in a nutshell is Your rule for my life.  Help me to be faithful in obeying our call to holiness."

Psalm 98:3
3 He has not forgotten his love nor his faithfulness to Israel. (Me)

Mark 10:29-31
29 Jesus answered, “Truly, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters, or father or mother, or children, or lands for my sake and for the Gospel, 30 who will not receive his reward. I say to you: even in the midst of persecution he will receive a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and lands in the present time and in the world to come eternal life. 31 I tell you most solemnly, "Many who now are first will be last, and the last, first.”

As I have always maintained Beloved, You are a generous lover.  You take the little I give You and You multiply it a hundred-fold.  You taught me how to give, to receive, to love and to love.  Life lived for self is narrow, cold, joyless, selfish and unhappy.  But a life lived for another  - to die to oneself so another canlive - in this is joy, peace and a deep, abiding and enduring love - the reward of which is Yourself, gracious Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment