Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

SIRACH 6:37

SIRACH 6:37
Meditate on the precepts of the Lord and apply yourself unceasingly to His commandments.  He will strengthen Your heart and the wisdom you desire will be given to you.

John 15:12-14
This is my commandment:  Love one another as I have loved you.
13 There is no greater love than this, to give one’s life for one’s friends; 14 and you are my friends if you do what I command you.

Beloved, to be a true disciple, a true Christian, a true believer is not easy.  In the flesh it is impossible, on my own strength which is zilch, it is less than impossible.  But with You and with Your Spirit - leaning on You always, clinging to You, crying out to You in every moment of distress and difficulty, You make it possible to love, to forgive, to show pity, mercy and compassion.  Without You my heart  is hard, unloving and unforgiving and this is the road to despair,  hate and ruin.

Grant me the grace to obey and meditate on Your commandment to love God and neighbour and You will strengthen me and give me the wisdom I need to be a true witness to Your love. Help me Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment