Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Jeremiah 32:26-27, 38-41, Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20, John 21:15-19

My Beloved, Your love, Your tenderness and Your ability to give me exactly what I need in my response to my need, helps me to understand how awesome is Your care and love for me.

Jeremiah 32:26-27, 38-41
26 The word of Yahweh then came to Jeremiah: 27 “I am Yahweh, the God of all humankind. Is there anything impossible for me? 38 They will be my people and I shall be their God.  39 I will have them think and act in another way, so that they may always fear me for their own good and the good of their children.  40 I will forge an eternal covenant with them by which I shall never cease to do them good and I shall place my fear in their heart so that they may never turn away from me.  41 I shall rejoice in doing them good and I shall plant them securely in this land with all my heart and soul.”

These verses from the Prophet Jeremiah are a continuation of the pledge of love You have made to me and my children yesterday. Thank You. I wish I could say I give You back love for love- but my love in comparison with Yours is so weak. Give me a full measure of Your Holy Spirit in order that I may love You with my entire being.

Psalm 103:1-2, 11-12, 19-20
1 Bless the Lord, my soul; all my being, bless his holy name!
2 Bless the Lord, my soul, and do not forget all his kindness;
11 As the heavens are high above the earth, so great is his love for those fearing him; 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove from us our sins.
19 The Lord has set his throne in heaven; he rules, he has power everywhere.
20 Praise the Lord, all you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, you who obey his word.

These verses for today reinforce my knowledge of the One in whom I have place my faith, hope, trust and confidence. Yes Beloved, I must bless You with all my strength of body, mind and spirit for You have been kind, gracious and generous to me from the moment of my conception. As hight as the heavens are above the earth so great is Your love for me - how foolish then would I be if I allowed my fears to swallow up my faith and trust in You. I am loved by You who has set His throne in heaven and who rules with power everywhere. For my part, I must imitate the angels who praise You, do Your bidding and obey Your word.

John 21:15-19
15 After they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Si­mon, son of John, do you love me more than these?” He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” And Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 A second time Jesus said to him, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” And Peter answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Look after my sheep.” 17 And a third time he said to him, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?”  Peter was saddened because Jesus asked him a third time, “Do you love me?” and he said, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus then said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Truly, I say to you, when you were young you put on your belt and walked where you liked. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and another will put a belt around you and lead you where you do not wish to go.” 19 Jesus said this to make known the kind of death by which Peter was to glorify God. And he added, “Follow me.”

You ask me the same question You put thrice to Peter, "M---, do you love Me?" The immediate response would be, "Yes, Beloved, I love You." But You want me to understand what love and love means and demands. If I say I love You almighty and eternal God, then I must fulfill all that love demands. I must be responsive, I must allow You to lead me even if I do not understand where You are taking me. I must trust You so completely that I do not question Your judgement and my love must shine as a witness to You - loving You means loving my neighbor as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment