Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hosea 2:21-22, Sirach 35:12-14, 16-18, 2Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18, Luke 18-9-14, Ps 34:2-3, 18-19, 23

Hosea 2:21-22
21 You will be my spouse forever,
betrothed in justice and integrity;
we will be united in love and tenderness.
22 I will espouse you in faithfulness
and you will come to know Yahweh.


Beloved thank You once again for speaking these beautiful words of betrothal to me. I want to belong to You completely that is why I renew my consecration to Mama Mary often.  I know that the closer I get to her the closer I will be drawn to You.  She knows how to be in perfect union with You and and it pleases You to unite those who love her, to Yourself.


Sirach 35:12-14, 16-18
12 The Lord is judge and shows no partiality. 13 He will not disadvantage the poor, he who hears the prayer of the oppressed. 14 He does not disdain the plea of the orphan, nor the complaint of the widow.
16 The one who serves God whole­­­heartedly will be heard; his petition will reach the clouds. 17 The prayer of the humble person pierces the clouds, and he is not consoled until he has been heard. 18 His prayer will not cease until the Most High has looked down, until justice has been done in favor of the righteous.


I want to serve You my God all the days of my life and until my last breath.  You know the desires of my heart.  Answer me Beloved, and give me all I ask for Your greater glory.

2Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18
6 As for me, I am already poured out as a libation, and the moment of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is laid up for me the crown of righteous­ness with which the Lord, the just judge, will reward me on that day; and not only me, but all those who have longed for his glorious coming.
16At my first hearing in court no one supported me; all deserted me. May the Lord not hold it against them. 17 But the Lord was at my side, giving me strength to proclaim the Word fully, and let all the pagans hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth. 18 The Lord will save me from all evil, bringing me to his heavenly kingdom. Glory to him for ever and ever. Amen!


With what confidence St. Paul writes these words.  Teach me how to pour out myself as a libation for others just as You did and as those who were intimate with You did in imitation of You.  Let me hunger and thirst to speak of You, to witness to Your love and to Your life that is in me.  May I be dependant on You always for grace and strength.  United to You,` the sap of the Holy Spirit will always run through me and empower me to glorify You always.

Luke 18-9-14
9 Jesus told another parable to some per­sons fully convinced of their own righteous­ness, who looked down on others, 10 “Two men went up to the Temple to pray; one was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by him­self and said: ‘I thank you, God, that I am not like other people, grasping, crooked, adulterous, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give the tenth of all my income to the Temple.’
13 In the meantime the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast saying: ‘O God, be merciful to me, a sinner.’
14 I tell you, when this man went down to his house, he had been set right with God, but not the other. For whoever makes himself out to be great will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be raised.”



My Beloved, when I fail to see what a miserable creature I am without You, I am in grave danger of parading my good works before You which are like so many filthy rags.  Forgive me my Lord and give me a spirit of true humility so I may recognise my sinful tendencies.  Recalling my past weaknesses  helps to remind me how easily I could sink again into the depths of sin were it not for Your grace, mercy, infinite compassion and love for me.  You raise me up and because You do, I radiate Your light.  "My soul makes its boast in the Lord," which is exactly as it should be.
Ps 34:2-3, 18-19, 23
2 I will bless the Lord all my days;
his praise will be ever on my lips.
3 My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the lowly hear and rejoice.
8 The Lord hears the cry of the righteous
and rescues them from all their troubles.
9 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves the distraught.
23 But the Lord will redeem the life of his servants;
none of those who trust in him will be doomed
.


How consoling are the verses in the Psalm of the day.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment