Search This Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Isaiah 65:1-2, Ephesians 2:19-22, Luke 6:12-16, Psalm 19:2-5

Isaiah 65:1-2
1 I let myself be found by those who did not ask for me; I have been met by those who did not seek me.   I said, “Here I am, here I am,” to a nation who did not call on my name. 2 I have stretched out my hands all day to a rebellious people who chose the evil way, following their own wishes.






This  is how generous, loving, tender and compassionate You are Beloved.  it is You who seeks us, it is You who takes the initiative.  It is You who calls us by name all the time until we hear You.  It might take a great sorrow to still all the clamor within us.  It may be a time when we are loneliest or depressed or most anxious or hurt or forsaken , but You will get our attention because You are a persistent lover.  How few remember You when things go well.  Most remember You when they are affected by the 'Give me' and the 'Give me more,'  syndrome, but for the most part, You are forgotten.  Yet all the time my most Beloved You call and call, You whisper to us in our heart, You wait for us longingly to visit You in the Blessed Sacrament.  Forgive me, my Beloved for all the times in the past when I was deaf, blind and  dumb and did not see You, hear You, or speak to You.



Ephesians 2:19-22
19 Now you are no longer strangers or guests, but fellow citizens of the holy people: you are of the household of God. You are the house 20 whose foundations are the apostles and proph­­­ets, and whose cornerstone is Christ Jesus. 21 In him the whole structure is joined together and rises to be a holy temple in the Lord. 22 In him you too are being built to become the spiritual sanctuary of God.




How beautifully I see the connection between Your first whisper of love in Isaiah to what You say to me in Ephesians.  Now that I belong to You, You reveal my identity in the family of Your household.  I am family.  I am a citizen of heaven.  I am the dwelling place where the apostles are the foundation and You my Beloved are the cornerstone.  In You the whole family of God rises to the highest heavens as a holy temple.   In You I am the sanctuary of God. WOW!!!



Luke 6:12-16
• 12 At this time Jesus went out into the hills to pray, spending the whole night in prayer with God. 13 When day came, he called his disciples to him and chose twelve of them whom he called apostles: 14 Simon, whom he named Peter, and his brother Andrew, James and John; Philip and Bartho­lo­mew; 15 Matthew and Thomas; James son of Alpheus and Simon called the Zealot; 16 Judas son of James, and Judas Iscariot, who would be the traitor.




Today the Church celebrates the feast of the apostles Simon and Jude.  You chose Your apostles after  spending the whole night in prayer with Your Father.  There is something You saw in each of them - a largeness of heart, a generosity of spirit, a great capacity for love and service, a readiness to give up everything once they were called - family, occupation, home, friends.  On these 12 apostles You founded Your Church - on this base I am being built into the family of God.  With the help of Your grace, I stand firm on You my Rock I shall not be shaken.



Psalm 19:2-5
2 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the firmament proclaims the work of his hands.
3 Day talks it over with day;
night hands on the knowledge to night.
4 No speech, no words, no voice is heard –
5 but the call goes on throughout the universe,
the message is felt to the ends of the earth.



Beloved, all we have to do is look at nature, the order of the universe, the beauty and majesty of Your creation.  All are in submission and obedience to Your authority.  Your mighty word sustains it all and all that has been created in nature, has been created in order to please us, for mankind to marvel at its splendour and be drawn to You  in worship and adoration.  We ought to fall on our knees in thanksgiving and gratitude, yet, how often we  get lost in the created and forget the Creator, the Author, the Artist, the Lover, the Beloved, the Friend, the Brother, the Spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment