Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Sirach 18:6, Job 38:1, 12-21; 40:-5, Luke 10:13-16, Psalm 139:1-3, 7-10, 13-14

Sirach 18:6
Nothing can be added to Him or taken away; no one can fathom the wonders of the Lord.


How true Beloved, we can spend a life time studying and comtemplating You in Your Word, in creation, and in all that has been said and written of You and through the inspiration of Your Holy Spirit, and at the end of a lifetime, we will find we have not even scratched the surface.

Job 38:1, 12-21; 40:-5
1 Then Yahweh answered Job out of the storm:
12 Have you ever commanded the morning,
or shown the dawn its place,
13 that it might grasp the earth by its edges
and shake the wicked out of it,
14 when it takes a clay color
and changes its tint like a garment;
15 when the wicked are denied their own light,
and their proud arm is shattered?
16 Have you journeyed to where the sea begins
or walked in its deepest recesses?
17 Have the gates of death been shown to you?
Have you seen the gates of Shadow?
18 Have you an idea of the breadth of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all this.
19 Where is the way to the home of light,
and where does darkness dwell?
20 Can you take them to their own regions,
and set them on their homeward paths?
21 You know, for you were born before them,
and great is the number of your years!

3 Job said:
4 How can I reply, unworthy as I am!
All I can do is put my hand over my mouth.
5 I have spoken once, now I will not answer;
oh, yes, twice, but I will do no further.


Poor Job, Beloved, once You replied after he had spoken, he just put his hand over his mouth knowing that he dare not question You. You are perfect knowledge and wisdom and when You do something it is not done capriciously but with purpose for You draw good out of every action - love and goodness are the ultimate goal.



Luke 10:13-16

13Alas for you Chorazin! Alas for you Bethsaida! So many miracles have been worked in you! If the same miracles had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would already be sitting in ashes and wear­ing the sackcloth of repentance. 14 Surely for Tyre and Sidon it will be better than for you on the Judgment Day. 15 And what of you, city of Capernaum? Will you be lifted up to heaven? You will be thrown down to the place of the dead.16 Whoever listens to you listens to me, and whoever rejects you rejects me; and he who rejects me, rejects the one who sent me.”


It is clear from this verse that You reside in fullness in Your Church and all who are baptised must listen to You and live by her teaching for in obeying the Church we obey You.


Psalm 139:1-3, 7-10, 13-14
1 O Lord, you know me:
you have scrutinized me.2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
beforehand you discern my thoughts.
3 You observe my activities and times of rest;
you are familiar with all my ways.
7 Where else could I go from your Spirit?
Where could I flee from your presence?
8 You are there if I ascend the heavens;
you are there if I descend to the depths.
9 If I ride on the wings of the dawn
and settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall guide me
13 It was you who formed my inmost part
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I thank you for these wonders you have done,
and my heart praises you for your marvelous deeds.


This is the most beautiful of Psalms. It expresses Your intimate knowledge of me and it also tells of Your mighty power. You know everything because everything has its beginning and end in You. You said, "Let it be," and so it was. At Your command everything came into existence and at Your command everything will come to an end. All the beauty, power and grandeur of nature are Your handiwork and the greatest of all is man. Thank You my Beloved, for creating me, thank You for preparing a place for me where I will remain with You in perfect joy forever. Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment