Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Psalm 48:4, 9, 10, Galatians 3:1-5, Luke 11:5-13

Psalm 48:4, 9, 10
4 Here within her lines of defence, God has shown Himself to be a sure fortress.
9 As we have heard so have we seen.
10 Let us recall Your unfailing love God, inside Your temple.

You my Beloved, are my Rock, my Deliverer, my Fortress.  I can trust in You.  All that I know of You is true for I  experience Your  unfailing and everlasting love every moment of the day. 


Galatians 3:1-5
1 How foolish you are, Gala­tians! How could they bewitch you after Jesus Christ has been presented to you as crucified? 2 I shall ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by the practice of the Law, or by believing the message? 3 How can you be such fools: you begin with the Spirit and end up with the flesh!

4 So you have experienced all this in vain! Would that it were not so! 5 Did God give you the Spirit and work miracles among you, because of your observance of the Law or because you believed in his message?

4 So you have experienced all this in vain! Would that it were not so! 5 Did God give you the Spirit and work miracles among you, because of your observance of the Law or because you believed in his message?



Luke 11:5-13

5 Jesus said to them, “Sup­pose one of you has a friend and goes to his house in the middle of the night and says: ‘Friend, lend me three loaves, 6 for a friend of mine who is traveling has just arrived and I have nothing to offer him.’ 7 Maybe your friend will answer from inside: ‘Don’t bother me now; the door is locked and my children and I are in bed, so I can’t get up and give you anything.’ 8 But I tell you, even though he will not get up and attend to you because you are a friend, yet he will get up because you are a bother to him, and he will give you all you need.9 And so I say to you, ‘Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. 10 For the one who asks receives, and the one who searches finds, and to him who knocks the door will be opened. 11 If your child asks for a fish, will you give a snake instead? 12 And if your child asks for an egg, will you give a scorpion? 13 Even you evil people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more then will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those who ask him!” 11 If your child asks for a fish, will you give a snake instead? 12 And if your child asks for an egg, will you give a scorpion? 13 Even you evil people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more then will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those who ask him!”

Mother dearest, today the Church and your children celebrate you as Our Lady of the Rosary. I know this title is most pleasing to you for this is a prayer that is most pleasing to you. We stand with you contemplating the Face of your Beloved Son as we pray this prayer in which you lead us deeper into the life of Jesus. We see His life through your eyes and through your experiences. Before my own life draws to a close Mama, grant that I may offer you many more garlands of roses as I pray the Rosary, honoring you as the Mother of God and my Mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment