Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Isaiah 6:5-8, Ephesians 4:1-6, Luke 12:54-59, Psalm 24:3-5

Isaiah 6:5-8
5 I said, “Poor me! I am doomed! For I am a man of unclean lips living among a people of unclean lips, and yet I have seen the King, Yahweh Sabaoth.”
6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me; in his hands was a live coal which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 He touched my mouth with it and said,
“See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin is forgiven.”
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” I answered, “HereI am. Send me!”
Beloved, most mornings I kneel in Your Presence and before You in the Blessed Sacrament I ask Mama Mary to brush her lips against mine - those lips stained red with Your Blood as she pressed them against Your feet nailed to the Cross.  Just as the seraph took the burning coal and touched the mouth of the prophet Isaiah and cleansed him from his guilt, so may Your Blood that now stains my own lips, purify me from the crown of my head to the soles of my feet, so I may proclaim Your Word in my life by my daily witness.

Ephesians 4:1-6
1 Therefore I, the prisoner of Christ, invite you to live the vocation you have received. 2 Be humble, kind, patient, and bear with one another in love.
3 Make every effort to keep among you the unity of Spirit through bonds of peace. 4 Let there be one body and one spirit, for God, in calling you, gave the same Spirit to all. 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism. 6 One God, the Father of all, who is above all and works through all and is in all.



Beloved, St. Paul was a genius in loving You.  He was also very skilful in conveying to us in the most wonderful and meaningful phrases, how we can live our lives witnessing to this love that we are called to bear for one another, because we love You.  In whatever vocation we are called to be, we are all invited to live it in humility, kindness, patience, bearing the faults of those who are weak, with mercy and compassion.  It is only with the help of Your Holy Spirit that this is possible.  He makes us all one in You and one in each other.  We form one body in You through the faith received in baptism.

Luke 12:54-59
54Jesus
said to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west, you say at once: ‘A shower is coming.’ And so it happens. 55And when the wind blows from the south, you say: ‘It will be hot’; and so it is. 56 You superficial people! You understand the signs of the earth and the sky, but you don’t understand the present times. 57 And why do you not judge for yourselves what is fit? 58 When you go with your accuser before the court, try to settle the case on the way, lest he drag you before the judge and the judge deliver you to the jailer, and the jailer throw you in prison. 59 I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the very last penny.”


You remind us to be as intuitive about spiritual things as we are about worldly things.  Time is on the march and each day brings us cloer to the end of  our time here on earth.  While it is still today we must repent and convet, reconcile and make amends before it is too late and we are eternally lost.


Psalm 24:3-5

3 Who will ascend the mountain of the Lord?
Who will stand in his holy place?
4 Those with clean hands and pure heart,
who desire not what is vain,
and never swear to a lie.
5 They will receive blessings from the Lord,
a reward from God, their savior.

People with clean hands and a pure heart are the ones who seek You.  They are attracted to You and wish to spend time with You alone.  People who are not distracted or anxious by the world and its affairs  can give You an undivided heart and an undivided love.  The world dangles many baubles before us that creates desires for things and often hinders us from hungering after You.  If we wish to be blessed, then we have to strive to live the truth always and everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment