Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Psalm 66:17 & 20, John 6:47-51

Psalm 66:17 & 20
17 I cried aloud to him, extolling him with my tongue. 20 May God be blessed!  He has not rejected my prayer; nor withheld his love from me.

My Beloved, will You forgive me .  Yesterday I allowed my grief and loss over my sister Sandy to put a cloud over my love for You.  Suffering without You is bitter and lonesome.  My True Joy, thank You for grace that has helped me understand that every human experience must be endured with You and in You.  You wept with compassion at the tomb of Lazarus and You understand my grief.  You alone can console me.  Help me never again to distance myself from You Beloved.

"My dear, remember that there is a big difference between being childish and childlike.  You have asked to be holy and perfect, don't stamp your foot like a spoilt child when I provide the opportunities to exercise the virtues in order that you may grow in holiness and perfection.

Pain and sadness for the loss of a loved one is natural, but you must remember always where your eternal home is.  You have hope precisely because you believe.  Every time you remember your sister Sandy, remember also where she is and more importantly, offer everthing you feel to Me and in union with Me to the Father. 

Keep in mind what I have done for you. (Mark 10:45) 45 Think of the Son of Man who has not come to be served but to serve and to give his life to redeem many.” And remember what your response should be (Mark 10:51-52) 51 Then Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” The blind man said, “Master, let me see again!” 52 And Jesus said to him, “Go your way, your faith has made you well.” And immediately he could see, and he followed Jesus along the road.

As the great JP II has said, "We are a resurrection people and our song is alleluia."  We are a people of hope as St. Paul reminds  us in 1TH 4:13-14 13 Brothers and sisters, we want you not to be mistaken about those who are already asleep, lest you grieve as do those who have no hope. 14 We believe that Jesus died and rose; it will be the same for those who have died in Jesus. God will bring them together with Jesus and for his sake.

Sandy believed and as Jesus tells us so beautifully today in (John 6:47-51)  47 Truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.  48 I am the bread of life. 49 Though your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, they died. 50 But here you have the bread which comes from heaven so that you may eat of it and not die.  51 I am the living bread which has come from heaven; whoever eats of this bread will live forever. The bread I shall give is my flesh and I will give it for the life of the world.”


Sandy lives eternally because of Jesus in whom she believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment