Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Isaiah 66:1, 12-14

Isaiah 66:10, 12-14

10 “Rejoice for Jerusalem (Sandy) and be glad for  her, all you who love her. Be glad with her, rejoice with her, all you who were in grief over her.

12 For this is what Yahweh says: I will send her peace, overflowing like a river; and the nations’ wealth, rushing like a torrent towards her.
And you will be nursed and carried in her arms and fondled upon her lap.
13 As a son comforted by his mother, so will I comfort you. 14 At the sight of this, your heart will rejoice; like grass, your bones will flourish. For it shall be known that Yahweh’s hand is with his servant, but his fury is upon his enemy.



The flesh avails nothing.  It is my spirit animated by Your Holy Spirit Beloved, that gives life. The world, the flesh and the devil bring ruin and death if we listen to and follow them.  You  have said, "My sheep hear my voice.  I know them and they follow Me."  To follow You Beloved and close my senses to the distractions of the world is hard.  The world is a place of noise and it can drown out the gentle, soft voice of the Spirit.

The commandment of God which gives eternal life is love of God and love of neighbor.  If I fail in the 2nd I have failed the 1st for You have said, "If you hate your neighbor whom you see how can you love God whom you cannot see?"  

You promised eternal life to the rich young man but he was not prepared to give up an earthly inheritance for a heavenly one.  Help me not to cling to the the world my Beloved but to You alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment